Wednesday, November 12, 2008

PumpkinFest 2008 at Uncle Bill's!

Wow! So 2 posts in one week! I know, amazing!

Sanders' hair is really starting to cord (or turn into dreadlocks). It is funny to watch his hair move when he runs. I can't really capture it that well in a photo, but you can kind of get the idea below:


The weekend of October 11th, we went to my Uncle Bill's house in Brookville and camped out. He lives on 100+ acres and has a couple of ponds (one bass, one catfish). It is such a beautiful area. We camped on the edge of the bass pond. The weather was absolutely spectacular. 40F at night, and 75F during the day!

On Friday night, my cousin Katie and Tony's friend Josh came over and hung out around the campfire.


I was playing with the light and my camera settings to try to take some cool pictures of the fire. I'd say it worked out pretty well!

And by keeping the shutter open a little longer, the pitch black night sky turned into looking like dusk. By blowing on the fire, we made the sparks jump out of the pit to get the picture below.
In the morning, we woke up to some sounds of deer calls. Yep, deer bow season was in full swing, and my cousin Kenny had come up from Florida and my cousin Adam was out hunting also. It was so awesome to get to see them. When we finally stepped out of the tent, this was our view!
We had a great campfire breakfast, and then Tony helped Uncle Bill get the tables/wagon pulled back to where we were camping. The annual Pumpkin Fest was Saturday evening, and we had to help get it all set up.
There were probably about 30-40 people who came out. The best part about these gatherings is always the food! I love family recipes at gatherings. We seriously need to make a cookbook! Yummy!
Of course, this blog is about Sanders! We took him with us...and he LOVES the great outdoors. We rode Kenny's 4 wheeler around, and Sanders was chasing us...what a great way for him to get some exercise! It was amazing how fast he could run! I missed it, but Tony and my cousin Todd watched their dogs play together....and apparently, Sanders' herding abilities had everyone laughing at the way he was playing.

I've come up with a new nickname for Sanders. Nature's Lint Brush:

And here, Amanda is carrying a big black furry thing...oh wait...that too is Sanders! I thought this picture was so hilarious!
And I played around with the camera, trying to get some pictures of the dog loving the farm/pumpkin life!

Sanders got to meet Matthew, my cousin. I thought this picture was awesome! Looks like they are both smiling at each other!

We do a hayride at the pumpkin fest every year and go around Uncle Bill's property. Then we end up at the pumpkin patch to pick our pumpkins.
This is a picture of the catfish pond on the hayride.
The pumpkins weren't big, but beautiful as always! The way the light was hitting them made for some great pictures. I think the picture below is one of my all time favorite pictures I've ever taken!
Sanders watching his last sunset on Uncle Bill's farm.
The trees were absolutely stunning at sunset.
My mom, dad and sister posed for a picture as they were all about to leave.
And Amanda came home with ANOTHER kitten! Wow....I think she has like 12 cats around their house now! But she loves them all, and keeps their names straight. I have no clue how she keeps coming up with unique names for all these cats. She's probably had like 50 different cats in her lifetime....and I bet she can still name/describe each one of them. She loves them so much!
Tony had to chop some more wood for our bonfire on Saturday night! I'm glad he was using a chain saw and not an axe, or we'd never have had any wood! Good thing he cut up so much, because Katie stayed and camped with us, and Uncle Bill, Aunt Alene and Kenny hung out with us around the fire for a long time!
In the morning when we were leaving, this was the view from Uncle Bill's driveway!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my kitten is doing great!!!!! And I took your name for it Socks....lol...well i hope i get to see the WHOLE gang soon...lol..=]

Amanda Jean
love ya

Anonymous said...

YOU NEED TO ADD MORE!!!! LOL!!!! =]

AmAnDa JeAn