Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hangin' with Cousin Mariah!

On Tuesday, August 25th, Mariah came over to hang out with Zac and I for the day. He decided to really start interacting with his mobile fish friends right as she got there. He was smiling and talking and laughing at the little things as they spun around above his head on the swing! These are the first smiles I've FINALLY caught on the camera!

After some playing, Zac got hungry...so I had Mariah give him his bottle...and I discovered this was her first time feeding a kid! She did an awesome job...but didn't want to burp him because he always throws such a FIT when you interrupt his dinnertime. He's going to be like his mom and not answer the phone during dinner when he gets older...HA HA.



After he ate, we went to Cancun for some yummy Mexican for lunch (and Zac slept), then we went to the movie theater to see Julie and Julia (and he slept, then ate)....then we headed to TJ Maxx to get me some non-pregnant jeans! Yay. One size bigger than normal....but that isn't too shabby. Hopefully I'll be back into my pre-pregnant jeans by Thanksgiving! (Then I have the bigger ones to wear on Thanksgiving day for all the yummy food!)

Julie and Julia inspired me to take up a food baking project for the last month of my time off from work and home with Zac. I am going to try to embark on a bread making mission. My goal is to make REAL french bread like we bought on the streets of Paris. I have yet to find anywhere here that makes a baguette like those!!

1 comment:

Ferreh Hiatt said...

If you get the baguettes made, I'll help you eat them!!! I miss true French bread too!

I have a recipe for baguettes from one of Katie's Martha Stewart baking handbooks if you're interested. It's nice to have a mini-baker in the family!! Lots of cookbooks to dive through.