Monday, November 5, 2007

I miss my puppy, but I am well rested!

Friday night, we went to a fundraiser for Second Helpings. They had a silent auction, and I got to bid on a puppy package and won it!! Sanders got all kinds of cool new toys...a 'Chuck a Duck', a 'Heave a Beaver' [which are both frisbee like games], some treats and a gift card to go to a puppy school in the elite town of Carmel. I'm sure the classes will be elitely priced. Not sure we want to expose the dog to a spoiled lifestyle. Because everyone knows he isn't already spoiled! LOL.

On Saturday, Sanders got to meet our neighbor's German Shepherd that is 3 months old. It was funny seeing 2 herding dogs deploying their herding tactics on each other. Too bad Sanders has a broken foot...otherwise, he may have been able to take on Adrian. I'll take my camera with me next time the 2 play so you can see the 2 of them. Adrian will always be way bigger than Sanders. Makes me think I need to get Sanders enrolled in a puppy class soon.


Above is a picture of the Ohio River. I drove down last night to Evansville, and took the scenic Lincoln Byway (Indiana 62). The leaves were absolutely striking.

It is crazy that after having been with the puppy for only 2 weeks that I can miss him so much after just a day of not seeing him! I'm missing the big moments in his young life....not crying last night when Tony put him to bed (then again, Tony slept on the couch testing out our theory that if we are in the same room as the dog that he won't cry), getting his first cast off and impressing the vet office of how well he is getting around on his cast.....*sigh*

I got a very nice full night sleep last night, but woke up once thinking "Wow..the dog sure has been quiet!" Then I realized I was in Evansville. DOH!! I didn't miss getting up at 6AM to let him out though!

Oh, I started working with Sanders on the word "Down" yesterday. He is doing it pretty well! He is doing sit very well, and does shake pretty decently. He's also walking along quite nicely on the leash for both Tony and I!!

No comments: